Is My Business Ready for the Cloud?
By now, you’ve of course heard about the Cloud and may have found yourself wondering if it was right for your business. As you look at your business and evaluate your needs, moving forward in technology is often towards the top of the list. The more difficult question, however, is where do you begin?
One question people are often embarrassed to ask, is “What is the Cloud?” The cloud refers to software and services that run on the Internet, instead of locally on your computer or on a server. Most cloud services can be accessed through a Web browser like Firefox or Google Chrome, and some are accessed via apps on your mobile device.
Some common cloud services are:
-Google G Suite
And the list goes on. Many businesses are already incorporating some of these services in their day-to-day life, but there are opportunities to do more.
Some of the main advantages of moving to the cloud are:
• Cost saving – Lower per computer maintenance costs because you pay for what you use and can purchase additional capacity on demand.
• Flexibility and manageability – Scalable storage options offer additional capacity as needed and platforms can be automatically updated and adapted to the changing needs of the business.
• Speed and agility – Skilled vendors and a common infrastructure allow rapid deployment of changes and remote access allows work to be done anywhere a web browser is available.
• Increased business focus – Cloud computing saves time, allowing you to focus on your core business and customers.
• Added data protection – Improved data security and system reliability, especially for small businesses with aging computers or data stored on hard drives that are not backed up regularly.
So how can FeatherShark help you explore this new Cloud frontier? We focus on 4 key services.
If you’re interested in learning more, please contact [email protected] to schedule a discussion.